Thread: Florida Room
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor
We are thinking of purchasing a Florida Room or equilivant. We have a Fiamma awning 13.2" and the same company sells a Fiamma Florida Room. It seems like a good addition to our TM. Has anyone purchased one and how do they like it. Good points, bad point, etc.
John

2003 Montana AWD
2004 3023 TM
We have the Fiamma florida room purchased at the same time we purchased our 2720SL. The additional "enclosed" space makes a big difference. It was very pricey and I suspect that with some research I could have done better on the price other than through the dealer.

It took me several installs and disassemblies to get the knack of it. The first time I did it I got very frustrated. If you buy one, would be a good idea for someone who knows what they are doing to show you the simplest way to erect it. The biggest tip I would offer is to make sure you connect the room up to the awning with it fully lowered and then raise the awning.

In my opinion, if you are not going to be at a campsite for very long, you won't want to setup the room. Anything less than two days and I usually won't use it or evern bring it along (to save stowage space/weight).

Good luck. If you need pictures I can post some for you.

Vince