View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
truesdac

Default Reducing Height of 3124KS in open/deployed position

As background for this question. I once owned a 1995 2720SL. I eventually sold it when it became too much of a maintenance problem due to rotting wood and sagging walls and because we were moving to a subdivision that did not allow driveway storage of a trailer. Now we are in a new house that has a nice garage. Near the coast, it is an elevated house with two garage doors (9' wide x 8' high) and 52' lanes (overhead ceiling 112").

I am in the market for a 3124KS that I intend to park in the back of the garage. I would love to be able to open the Trailmanor in the garage to load and tinker with in. Otherwise I would have to move it to the driveway where, technical, I'm not supposed to have it overnight. According to specs, the 3124KS is 102.5" tall + air conditioner. The factory a/c looks like it will make it at least 117" tall. This is a problem. Ironically, the old Trailmanor I had was equipped with a side-mounted A/C and would have fit fine.

The question is has anyone retrofitted a lowered profile air conditioner which will add less than 10" to the height of the Trailmanor?

Thanks,
Charlie
truesdac is offline   Reply With Quote