View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #10
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampajohn View Post
Robert, I did the search and there is no perfect camper. I might just take everyone suggestion and go back to the factory this summer and make sure it is adjusted perfectly so I can lift it as easy as possible and then make a decision. I just hate pulling a big camper around. If I could get the wife from wanting to take everything but another kitchen sink, it would help. It takes me longer to get all the junk situated just so I can close the TM than it does to close it.

Tomorrow is travel day and I am starting to think about where to pack stuff and get things ready to close it before tomorrow. There is junk from one end to the other. Maybe I will buy a Sprinter to haul all the junk in. But in reality, I can understand since we are out 4 1/2 months on this trip. I have pitched stuff all along the route since we left home. Fortunately we have not pitched anything and later found out later we needed them.

We came prepared to boondock whether at Walmart or BLM and have only done it for two days in Quartzite. Who knows what will happen before we get home or what we will need.

Maybe more planning will help.
John,
We spend 6 to 8 months on the road with the TM. The wardrobe has blankets and pillows. In the 3 drawers go smaller items like towels, 2 each.
Dry food items for two weeks under the stove area, along with a few pots, pans and the coffee pot. The refeer has a week supply of cold items. Cold cuts for lunch go into a cooler kept in the back of the truck. A weeks worth of clothing in two totes in the back seat, our tv is a crew cab. Gas grill and a 20# propane bottle in the truck bed. Two mtn bikes in the bed of the truck along with misc items for camp fires. A 5 gal jug also. 2 two 1/2 gal jugs in the TM. Two 80 watt solar panels on the couch. No generators, which are a lot of weight to move. Laundry and perishable items are a once a week shopping run; usually made while changing camp sites.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote