View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb From Norcold FAQ: Fan "ON" temp somewhere between 80F and 95F.

Quote:
A DC fan may help improve refrigerator performance when the refrigerator is not installed in accordance with Norcold's installation requirements or when operating the refrigerator in high ambient temperatures (see "Refrigerator Installation Manual"). A DC fan will assist in providing the necessary amount of airflow. Be sure the fan is controlled by a thermostat and begins to operate when the area behind the refrigerator reaches approximately 95 degrees F. The fan should run until the temperature lowers to about 80 degrees F. Consult with your RV dealer for the correct fan and specifications.
They allow an operating range of 15 degrees between "Fan-ON" and "Fan-OFF" temperatures. Per my #1 post, I guessed perfectly: "Fan-ON" at 90F (85+5), staying on while the temperature is above 80 (85 - 5). And my current fan, allowing as much as 102F on a day which was only 91F ambient, is definitely inadequate.