View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Default How does the fire escape really work?

My wife is big on fire safety. She wants to know how the fire escape works in the 3124KS.

I have heard two stories.

1.) Remove the pin that secures the bed to the bathroom wall. Roll to the rear of the bed and the bed will pivot up, dumping you onto the ground.

I don't know if this will work and it will damage the trailer (and probably me) to test it. With two full-sized adults in the bed it would take some doing to move all of the weight to the rear of the bed supports.

2.) Remove the pin that secures the bed to the bathroom wall. Both occupants exit the bed and stand in the hallway. Raise the bed and crawl out underneath it.

I don't know how useful this is either. With both occupants standing in the hallway you're pretty close to the door already. The last person out has no one to support the weight of the bed as they try to get out.

Why not put in an exit window? It would be easy to test.

I've found some anecdotes floating around but little more than that. It seems that for something as important as a fire exit there should be some hard information. A video from the factory of someone actually using the fire exit would be really helpful. Which method is preferred? Has their been any testing of this?
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote