View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
fallsrider

I'm glad you had such a great time on your first trip. It sounds like you have many fun trips ahead of you. I've yet to own a TM, but with everything I've read, you made a wise purchase.

I do need to point out a couple of things, though. Those things you call jacks are not jacks. They are stabilizers. They are not to be used to level your camper. They are only meant to stabilize it after you have leveled it both front to back and side to side. The tongue jack is the correct way to level front to back, but you need to use boards or Lynx Levelers, or a device called a BAL Leveler to level side to side. You back your low side tire onto either of the first two, or use the BAL to raise that low side tire. Only then do you lower your stabilizers, and only turn them a turn or two after the pad touches the ground. They just take some of the wiggle out of your TM. Using the stabilizers to level your TM can damage the stabilizers, or worse, your camper's frame.

Regarding the toilet, if I understand those recirc toilets correctly, you only "charge" them with 2 or 3 gallons of water. You don't fill them up.

I'm sure TM experts will chime in. I am a far cry from being one. Everything I know about them is from reading, not doing.

Enjoy your future trips!