View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #34
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymon2
I am a "prospective buyer" living in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. While I feel this particular thread is one of the best I've ever seen for giving out useful info on TM, I really have to agree with PopBeaver about scaring prospective buyers away.I've read the entire thread and I'm just not sure about buying a TM. Since I need to buy a new PU anyways,I'm thinking maybe I should consider a "regular" TT. All these problems with batteries, converters, electrical in general cause me concern.Yeah, I'd probably have similar problems with a TT as well.

Some of the things mentioned are in my mind really minor ( cabinets low etc.) Some of the other stuff does not seem so minor. From a prospective buyers viewpoint one of the most positive aspects to this thread is that I believe just about everyone said they really liked their TM.

My wife and I are experienced tent campers who just want off the ground.What drew me to TM was the easy setup and easy tow.If I do go with TM I'm thinking I should go with the 5000# axle. Sounds like a wise move.

If there is anyone on here from central FL who has purchased a TM from Cooper's RV I'd really be interested in your comments.

This is an excellent website that also has some very helpful ideas.You should not take my concerns as a put-down to TM but more form a real newbie w/o your experience.

Bill R.
You are right all the electrical stuff is the same in a TM as in a TT.
We have a TM because we can keep it in our garage. Fringe benefit, easy towing.

We use our bathroom/toilet exclusively with an 8 Oz. bottle of the chemical never had a problem with odor or whatever.

Since getting our TM, We've discovered that we can get into some cool places that only allow small pop-ups .

Bottom line is that we got into a TM thinking we were settleing for something less than a TT because of our storage limitations. Now we would'nt buy into the towing problems of a TT even if storage was not an issue.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote