View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Post # 2 & 3 are quite accurate. The TM 2720 dry weight has not changed much since the 90's to present and it really means little. The 3250# number that the seller quoted you probably include the accessories (AC, awning, battery, extra propne tank, caninets etc.)

Dry weights are a comparison that all manufacturers use to keep competitive in the market place but in reality they mean very little to the actual towing weight of a fully equipped trailer that is loaded for camping. That holds true for any trailer that you may be considereing.

You would be far better off to compare GVWR of the different models than making the mistake of comparing dry weight. In reality, ~most camping trailers end up at or close to their maximum weight rating on any given camp-out or towing scenario.

It could be dangerous (for you, your family and others on the road) to figure the ability of your tow vehicle based on dry weights.

The dry weight on our '98 TM is 2750#........actual weight on the scale......3980#+ and there is only my wife and I. My brother has a TT that has a dry weight of 5720#. I finally convinced him to get it weighed. It weighed 7440#......needles to say......he was shocked.