View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #2
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

I’m not sure what you are looking for in a campground; you might include your preferences. Some like full hookups and don’t mind a lot of people around and some like boon docking with no one within miles, and some like something in between.

That said DW and I took a 6 week trip and planned to spend a week at each of the national parks in Utah the first year after we retired. We spent a little more at some and a little less at others but fell in love with every park. The more popular (Bryce, Zion and Arches) had a lot of people but you kind of have to just put up with it. We spent 10 days at Zion and I think hiked every hike but two. The shuttle there was especially appreciated by us. Once in camp you never have to drive again if it is running and you both get to sightsee. Capital Reef, Canyonlands No. and So., were less crowded, we also took side trips to Goblin Valley and Dead Horse Sate Park, and a few others that were on the way or close at hand. We loved all the parks our favorite parks were Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef and Canyonlands South. The campgrounds at each were adequate, but for scenery at the site I would say Canyonlands South would be my favorite. We got a relatively private site with a wonderful view. You are seeing a picture of it as part of my signature. I have pictures posted on flickr and you will find a link in my signature. There were lots of people that gave us advice prior to going on this site so I am sure you will get more insight. You also might take a look at this post.

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12741

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote