View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #121
EcotypeS

Smile Still like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a635823 View Post
Do any of the original posters from 2005-2008 still love their TM's? It's been a good couple of years and I want to know your input! People after 2008 can reply too! Has anyone noticed quality changes, i.e. has it increased or decreased over the years? I really want to buy one, they seem much more practical to me than owning a RV, my parents and in-laws both have RVs and they seem like such a hassle sometimes (driving, fueling, dumping etc.)

I have a 2006 -- the TM gets used for 3-4 week long trips plus two 1500 mile trips each year.

I still love it and there have been few maintenance issues. The ones that come up (both this year) include a hard to find electric-to-the-taillights problem (turns out many electric connections were shaking loose) and one of the clips that holds the door in place broke. Once I found a dealer who had the clips (I don't live near one), replacing the clip was a dyo 5 minute fix (and I also have a spare in case the other one breaks).

Given that this is it other than standard maintenance (tires, repact bearings), I think it is doing well.