View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #156
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
Sounds like a solution. I didn't know this was an option. But you sound like you are mechanically inclined.
I am rather, because I've had to be - my house was built in 1820, and I am slowly renovating, one room at a time, which involves taking the room down to studs and floor joists, replacing all windows and all wiring, and rebuilding the whole room from scratch. I work full time, at a job with a 55 minute commute, one way. I have just shy of 7 acres to mow, or a very long driveway to clear of snow in the winter. I raise and butcher my own meat rabbits. And although my kids are 'grown', I've been doing all this as a single parent. Cars - don't even get me started.... my son's car has been at the shop since the end of Sept, so he bought a 'new' one. My daughter limped from western Massachusetts to Boston then home (2.5 hours north), with her passenger rear shock having pushed up through to the cargo area of her car. She now has my car back in western MA, and I'm driving the Bronco - the gas guzzler - to work and back every day, while her car has joined her brother's at the shop! It definitely never ends...... I am never bored.... LOL