View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #153
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
I agree Larry. For those of us that have been happy TM owners for years (bought my 2005 in Aug of 2004), we know it has left a horrible impression on these people, which really is understandable, but sad, nonetheless.

I've had issues with mine, which can be frustrating, but the issues I've had were not the factory's fault, or any fault in the build - they are simply things that happened (roof creases due to snow load and/or tree limb while the trailer was at a relative's for the winter), or due to neglect on my part (letting it sit for several years because I simply had zero money and was just focused on not loosing my house). I am extremely grateful though, that I muddled through that without having to sell my TM. Now, I'm in a MUCH better situation, and able to enjoy it again. It's taken some work to get it back up to snuff, and in that process I decided to remodel as well, but when I tow the TM, I'm reminded of how beautifully it tows, and there is no other trailer as large that will come close to the ease of towing a TM.
This is how I feel. My 2002 has a couple of minor issues--which is to be expected for the age. But as far as fit and finish--I'm more than pleased. Maybe I should knock on wood. I don't even have to use pool noodles for gaps. Mine just works. Yeah...I still look at campers. Sometimes I dream of "upgrading". But I whatever I look at in my weight range just doesn't compare with the space I have in my TM. No upright, full size TT has near the counter space or cabinet space. And the ease of towing is a huge factor.

My only wish is that I didn't have to strip the beds to fold the TM down. I have to take off all bedding plus cumbersome 2 inch toppers. Roll them up and find a place to cram them for travel. They are so bulky but make the beds SOOOOOO much more comfortable. I actually sleep better in my TM than I do in my own bed at home!