View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
Tend to agree with this except I would say average for TM rather than above average but this can hard to determine sometimes as many things can be sub contracted out which can be a vendor rather then a TM problem. Roof leaks, wiring problems, or other assembly things that are done directly at the factory IMO are what make the TM average. We have owned Two TT's, 3 pup's and 1 motor home before the TM. The TM falls right in line with everything but the motor home which had no factory construction issues 21 years.
Although it is basically true what you state with regards to some items having been "farmed out", there is NO excuse for poor quality. Yes it may be that a vendor doesn't do the job right BUT I did not buy from the vendor, I bought from TM. So ultimately they are responsible for the product delivered. Not the vendor. TM should have tested the vendors product prior to using it in THEIR [TM's] product to ensure good quality. And with regards to roof leaks that is a design problem. And so is the wiring. One of these days I will relate the story of my Elkmont in deeper detail.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote