View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi Trudy, I have been using the GE wireless camera system for some time now and have found it to be helpful. I mounted the camera in a magnetic parts bowl, purchased at a local auto parts store. I simply put Velcro strips in the bowl and then I could use it on my truck's tailgate to assist with hooking up the TM, although I don't use it this way anymore, my new TV has a built-in camera system. I additionally Superglued a small, 2"x2", steel plate to the rear roof of the TM and use the camera there while towing. I mounted the viewing screen on an old Garmin screen holder that sits on the dash.

The screen image is good, a little grainy, but clear enough to identify what type of vehicle is behind you and if it's safe to change lanes or not. I had a similar experience to yours before I got the camera, in that I started to change lanes unaware of the corvette that was coming up behind me doing about 85mph. Whew, that was a close one. No surprises anymore.

I purchased mine on eBay for $100, but Wallmart sells it for $150. TravlinOn posted the link in his post.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote