View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Rio Dan

Default Change of Status: Not looking anymore

Because we found one.

Wife and I are now the proud owners of a very nice 2007 2720SL.

A very nice couple in Oxnard California needed to sell because they had a new non-folding camper coming the next day. The husband is a rather tall gent and he said he always felt cramped in the TM.

My wife and I are more normal sized (anyone over 5'9" is a mutant) so we should be fine.

There are a few minor details to address: a missing window screen, a chipped bathroom mirror. But overall it's been well cared for. It has A/C and awning, microwave in place of the gas oven (I may change that) and the built-in 17" TV/DVD/stereo/CD, not that we watch much TV when camping.

Brand new tires, albeit 14's. Non-swing tongue and WDH. I'll have to re-measure. We may be able to get it in the garage with the solid tongue. If not it's off to the welder. At least for now we can store it outsde. Best option that it came with is a custom, heavy-duty all-weather cover. It was made by a boat canvas shop near the previous owner. Not one of those crappy Adco jobs.

We wanted a SD but there were none to be found presently in our area. This last week I had a reason to be in Phoenix. SoCal had six SL's for sale and Mesa had two. I figured I ought be able to find one with those odds. I'm a handy guy. If we discover we cant stand the sofa I'll convert it to a dinette.

So no pictures yet, but it looks just like all the other 2720Sl's out there. Big question I know you all want answered, "what did you pay for it?".

$12,600.00

If the seller had more time and less competition I know he could have gotten more. I had him over a barrol. He needed the space for the new trailer and he told me what the dealer was going to give him for it in trade.

Hey, I asked and he told. He could have told me to pound sand. If this was the only one I had to look at this last week I'd have gone to $16k for it.

Timing is everything.