View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

1) I had my wiring installed by Ketelsen Campers, at Ward & I-70. Took an hour, and $70. If you have a controller (I ordered a Prodigy), you can give them the connector, and they will wire it in.

You can also consult with them for the hitch, as they carry many. They can also install quickly, I would imagine.

2) Water damage. I believe I have seen where folks have said 2006 models have wood inside the walls. Check for bulges (wood expanding due to water) near any opening (ceiling, door, wall joints, windows). Structural damage (dinged walls, corners). Cracked plumbing under the trailer (lay on your back and look up). Bent leveler jacks. Put water in the fresh-water tank, and check all plumbing, both feeding the faucets, and the drains. Flush the toilet, and make sure it all works. Make sure it is easy to lift each shell. If not, they may have adjustment left in them, or not. Look at the bolts at the end of the lift bars, and see if there is any room left to tighten the bolts.

3) Nothing to worry about. As said to you before, take it to an empty parking lot, and drive around. Turn into painted lanes, and stop part way through. Look to see where the trailer is making its turn, vs. where you turned your truck. Back into painted parking stalls, and see how you do. Do it again. And again. And again. Pay attention to how the trailer tracks your truck around turns. Posts/trees will take out the side of your TM if you cut it too closely. Don't go down the highway over 65, until you are comfortable you can "feel" the trailer, in your gas pedal, your brakes, and any impact in steering. You will likely not really feel it in any of those situations, as TMs tow wonderfully. But, you need to be one with your truck, feeling the difference between no trailer, and a trailer. Practice.

4) check your pm after 1:30 today

5) can't help you there

ENJOY YOUR TM!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote