Thread: Roof Vent Leak
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Randy

Unhappy Roof Vent Leak

I own a 2002 2720SL that has a persistent leak around the roof vent located in front of the air conditioner. The leak becomes apparent only after extended rains and appears to migrate from the space between the roof vent and air conditioner. Two years ago I removed all old calking from around the air conditioner shroud, the roof vent, and the roof seam front to back. I replaced all calking with 3M 4000 sealant and laid 6 inch rubber roof repair tap around the vent lapping it up over the screws, the valley between the air conditioner and vet lapping the tape up the front of the air conditioner shroud, and along the entire roof seam front to back. Despite this I still have a leak and the wood sandwiched in the roof around the vent opening is showing signs of deterioration. The hold down clips for the roof vent are tight, the hold down bolts for the air conditioner are tight. After reading the many similar treads on this topic, I am seriously contemplating pulling the roof vent and replacing it with a new one. Before I tackle such a project I would welcome any additional thoughts or ideas that may be out there. This is really frustrating.

Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote