View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
BrigCA61

The walls go up to to the ceiling except for about 5-6 inches near the top where there is some heavy leather-like fabric attached to the ceiling which fills in the gap, so it's very private. Bathroom issues? I don't want to ask, but if it's oders you are concerned about... there is a fan in the toilet you can turn on (switch is on the front of the vanity). We have never had any oders escape due to the fan. I always flush immediately to avoid any possiblity of that occuring... I have a very sensitive nose too and don't like oders in the rest of the trailer! If it's noise you are concerned about... the walls are thin and don't offer much in the way of sound-proofness (is that a word?), the fan will muffle out a bit of noise but maybe a radio can help with that... I don't know, am trying to be a little creative here. If you plan on camping in RV parks there are usually very nice/clean restrooms so I would probably politely say I'm going for a "walk" and take care of business that way. You'll need to spend a little time finding which toilet chemicals work best for you - which have a pleasant smell. Some are very strong and I don't like them. We finally found one we liked and it works well. We have found that the toilet gets more "ripe" the longer you wait til you dump the contents and worse if the weather is hot. Adding more chemicals can help until you can dump. When I have full hookups... I dump every 2 days (your mileage may vary). Without full hookups, you will probably need to purchase a "Tote" if you plan on camping for any extended length of time. Since it is a recirculating toilet, we try to use a public toilet for solid waste, when it's convenient. There's a post around here about someone who installed a regular rv/marine flush toilet, but this will limit you to camping only with full hookups. Thank you for those who have come this far in reading this post...