Thread: King Size Bed
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #5
Carol
Site Sponsor

Default Re: King Size Bed

Hi,

We have a queen bed and have a foam topper covered with a mattress pad. On top of that I put an older style queen size fitted sheet - for the shallower mattresses. It fits great! Then, we use a king top sheet and a king blanket as we are both cover hogs. We bought mating sleeping bags - of 2 different warmths from www.campmor.com (good prices). Coleman and others make them.  So far, we have just used one as a quilt on top of the light blanket. The 78 in wide sleeping bag is a little small as we are used to a king size comforter at home on our queen size bed. We're probably going to get a larger rectangular sleeping bag. We were thinking of just a comforter, but sometimes we dry camp when it is near freezing and need the extra warmth.

I am thinking of using an old sleeping bag or comforter to make a pad for the end of the bed as it gets a little cold over there. I don't know why Trailmanor doesn't provide a covering like they do on the sides.  

I can't quite picture how the dowel thing works, but our solution works! Perhaps a similar solution would work for you.

You can also buy or make sheet sets that are attached at the bottom.

Carol
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote