View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Tampajohn

Scrubjay, I thought I was crazy spending as much time as we do in a TM. You should keep us updated on your travels. Travelbaum, one of the couples in our church has put together some of the campers with the intention of using campgrounds as mission sites. I do not see us participating since our goal is to visit the kids and we do not get to go with them much, but pretty neat. Mentioning a TV, we have a Durango that is NTU waiting for us when we get home. I do say that a TV takes a beating pulling a trailer around the country. We purchased an extended service contract on the new vehicle,but before doing that, read the fine print. I just hope it helps in keeping the cost down since we have replaced two transmissions in the Isuzu in 150,000 miles. A few weeks back, when they replaced the axle, we were stuck in a motel room. At $70 per night, the DW kissed the TM as soon as she got back in it. Here we know who slept the night prior. It might be dirt, but it is our dirt. LOL

My biggest concern is will we have enough money for the rest of our lives. I have seen some pitiful sights and since we do not know the future, we live very conservatively or just plain cheap as some of my friends say. I was raised very conservatively and it is something that is my nature. We get what we want or need and think about what ever we buy. I guess that is the way a farm boy from southern Ohio mind works. Anyway thanks for all the feedback. 80 miles from home.