View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

We looked at both...Trailmanors and Hi-Lo's and our tow vehicle could pull both. In fact we put a deposit in 2005 on a 6 month old used 2005 2705 Towlite then we thought about it and decided to wait and got our deposit back. I liked that the bathroom was the width of the camper. I liked that the shower was not a step tub. I did not like the walls of the Hi-Lo bathroom. I liked that the Hi-Lo could be raised at the push of a button. I did not like when I read on a HiLo yahoo group that if the battery went dead in route you could not raise your camper and use it unless you had electricity at a campground...the battery also was not where you could get to it when it was closed. It seemed to me that if it was plugged into your vehicle you should be able to raise it but that is not what I read back then. I really did not like that you could not join the official HiLo forum if you were not an owner...if you were considering purchasing a HiLo all that was available was the yahoo group. I tried to join the other group and was declined. BTW on the yahoo group I read about someone who placed a tube of mascara in one of the smaller wall cabinets...it came out while raising or lowering and got caught in the gears and really made a mess. FWIW...I was never crazy about the tip out sofa.

Some things I love about Trailmanors: The windows...there are a LOT of them!!! It weighs less and it only has one axle (2 tires instead of 4) unless you buy the 3326. I love the amount of storage that I have...we still have not filled it up. I like that no matter what size Trailmanor you buy you have a permanent bed/beds. We did not even consider sleeping in the bed that hangs from the ceiling in the smaller HiLos...and did not want to set up/break down beds every day. We felt that the TM suited our needs best. The TM's felt more spacious to us!! We love that anyone can get info here at the Trailmanorowners web site whether they own one or not...no secret handshake required.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote