View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 09:29 PM   #5
JimAdkins

Thanks much for the reply Bill.

I pulled out the motor and pump assembly. The shaft rotates, but not very easily. I tried to disassemble it, and unscrewed 4 screws holding 2 parts of the black plastic housing together. But, the plastic housing didn't come apart easily, and I didn't want to force it. I shot a bunch of WD-40 in the openings that I could find, and tried to work it in by hand by rotating the shaft. It seemed to loosen up a bit, but still required some effort to turn with my finger.

There are also 2 nuts that seem to hold the motor on. One of them, just turned the bolt with the nut, so I couldn't remove it. Again, I didn't want to force anything, so I just screwed the nuts back on as best I could, and put it back in the toilet. I tried running it again a couple more times with new fuses, and the toilet did run for about 1 second, then the fuse would blow. I didn't see your reply until after I took it apart, so I didn't try running it outside the toilet.

Thanks for the confirmation that this is indeed an "80." I appreciate it. It looks as though we both have the same TM, a 2006 2720. So far just these toilet issues, and a couple of water leaks, but we are making progress.