View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #10
kempert
Site Sponsor

I agree with those above. Take the generous offer and get it repaired.

My '02 TM was "totaled" by the insurance company primarily because of cosmetic damages (I thought the big dents gave it character) and paid me about $8K in '10. I bought it back from them for $500 and had it repaired by the Car Show for less than $800. I used it for three years before finding a '08 at a good price. I still use it as a permanent camp on our family farm. If I hadn't found a good deal (here), I'd still have the '02 on the road.

FWIW - I've used my TMs very heavily. I live in my '08 about half of the year. Most years, I take it from VA to southern TX, back to VA, and then across the continent to WA and Vancouver Island. I've found that the TM is much tougher than most seem to think. I've camped in temperatures from the lower teens to 100+. My '02 survived hurricane force winds on more than one occasion. And, that was while it was open!

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote