View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #28
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Oh, so it's the input or return, unheated air to the furnace that needs 55 sq in.
My installation may have that (or not). I'll check this weekend.

But if it's drawing in through 55 sq in it seems to me it would be better if it's putting out through 55 sq in so as not to restrict the air flow too much. I would definitely prefer that model number NT-20SE with the large front grill. And as you say, the easy access would be a plus. Wonder why they switched? I've seen pictures of the Elkmont with that model installed, and originally thought ours was one of them.

Heh, at least ours is screwed down. It also has a little plywood box around it. Not sure why ...
The point is it is NOT drawing thru a 55 sq in opening. ...
On April 7, 2010 I was directed by the manufacturer, Suburban, to take my trailer to one of their authorized repair centers in Tucson AZ. They took one look at it and called in another expert. Their verdict: They would not touch it, as the TM installation was totally wrong. Email I got later from Suburban:

"I did receive a call from Javier @ LaMesa RV late yesterday and he explained what they found. From discussion with them it appears that they felt that they could not perform the repairs due to the installation and that they could be held accountable if something occurred with the wiring etc.

I will contact you today for further discussion".

So we are back to square one. I strongly suspect that there are a number of other Elkmonts out there with similar problems, and that it is only a matter of time before a mishap happens. Suburban again advised us not to use the furnace until the problem has been corrected. And because TM claimed in an email to me that the installation had been approved by Suburban, they are going to the factory to monitor the installation and also to tell them that there was/is no way they would authorize such an installation.

I will now seek legal advise to see if the lemon laws can be applied here since there has been 3 attempt to correct the installation.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote