View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

This is a timely post for us. We have been brainstorming on how to get more comfortable seating and better visibility out the windows. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

We replaced the chair that came with the TM with a Lazy Boy but found it sat even lower than the couch providing almost no view of the outside. I have considered having the couch somehow modified with the foam upgraded and reupholstered to improve comfort and raise the seating. The design of the couch complicates modifications though. Also under consideration is just adding cushions placed on the couch so you would sit up higher and see if this makes the couch more or less comfortable. I have also thought it might be possible to make some kind of removable stilts for chairs that would make them high enough to see out the windows.

We don’t need the couch as a bed and would gladly give up this ability for comfortable seating and the ability to see out the windows. We recently got a Mr. Heater and don’t see us using the heater much anymore.

Bob (bheisser) your replacement couch looks promising. I have looked at etrailers site and am unsure what you purchased (a link would be appreciated). I don’t see anything with armrests.

Would you consider it comfortable or just better than what was there?
How difficult was the instillation?
Did you purchase a stand along couch or just the seat and back and use existing TM storage box to put it on?
Were you able to keep the storage under the couch?
We have fold out tables in front of the couch. Did you have to remove them to make this fit?

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote