View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
DC Randy

Default Leaks in Brand New Elkmont

I purchased a 2010 Elkmont in Nov 2009, that rolled off the factory the end of Oct 2009. Haven't used it yet. Two Saturday's ago I went to "check" on my new camper. The entire bed was soaked, the wardrobe wood is stained and molded, carpet soaked...even the front storage compartment that is accessed from the outside had water in it.

Took it back to the dealership and they found two leaks. The strip that runs down the front just above the decal has come completely loose and pulled away from the frame.

Here is TM's authorized repairs:

1. replace a 5 x 8 section of carpet that was wet (really? 5 x 8?? does that come with a nice seam?)
2. Use bleach and clean the affected wood/cabinets (really? bleach?)
3. replace the "bottom" of a wardrobe (but I guess the stained, ruined sides do not matter)
4. What about the wooden base the bed sits on...if the floor was soaked..hmm...let's see water DOES soak into wood, right?

Oh yeah, and 15 mins. after I received this list of "authorized repairs" my RV dealer received, the dealership sent another email to say their technicians had found ANOTHER leak in another spot. That's three.

I traded in my 2008 2720 SL for this. I'm sick.

TM is supposed to know for their factory and customer service.

I need help. I've had it for two months, never used it, and have just made my first payment. Does anyone have good ideas how to be heard???

I have been very supportive of this company, but make no mistake, if this turns out to be a trend (especially on this model), I will have no choice but to seek legal counsel. I also think a nice Twitter/Blog campaign might get some attention.

While this is venting, let's be clear: this was a $30,000 travel trailer (WELL over other models with the same features). Now it's Swiss cheese on tires.

I plan on updating this until I have gotten complete satisfaction.

Stay tuned.