View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #14
UpAndDown

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Deacon View Post
I joined this forum and have continued to use it, because it is TrailManor-specific. By that, I mean that the forum content has been FOR TrailManor owners, FROM TrailManor owners, and ABOUT TrailManor issues. I believe that is also why prospective buyers come to this forum - it is TrailManor-specific.

IMHO, "diversity" (whatever that means) and "inclusiveness" (ditto) and "political correctness" (ditto), etc. can - and should be - found elsewhere. VOTING to permit ANY off-topic discussion is foolishness. Thank you, moderators, for keeping us and the forum ON TOPIC. Don't quit, now; if you do, so will I (but I hope that's not necessary).
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5637
Promoting this campground is is no way Trailmanor specific, it relates to your specific experience at a campground (which I don't in any way mind, but in your logic is silly nonsense that doesn't belong on this forum)
Reviewing a campground ,Sharing info on electronic devices, asking why your brake controller isn't working is all non tm related, but to say you'd leave a forum because it had an off topic section is just silly, silly, silly!!! every forum I belong to has an off topic forum, they in fact take useless posts (well, useless to some) out of the General discussion area and puts them in a off-topic place. It also gives the Mods a place to move posts that don't belong in a specific place with out having to delete say, a request for info on some camping related device. Lastly a Off topic discussion board can really do wonders for a discussion board in strengthening individual characters and friendship's / networking.... How else could 2 TM owners really get to know each other if all they are allowed to discuss is the TM. It's not like anyone would be forced to go to and off topic section, but would be there for those who wanted it, and who knows it may even attract new member or keep old ones coming back???? Black and White people used to be segregated, now look at us all surviving together