View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #18
hal

Having the trailer level is a must for many reasons, including being able to raise the roof sections. But, there is a method of raising the roof if you don't have the trailer level. After having major surgery followed by another major surgery couple years ago, I was extremely weakened. I had leveled th trailer and then tried to raise the roofs but didn''t have the strength to even budge it. It probably would have meant a return to the hospital if I were to continue to try. Talk about frustration. Then, being that the front shell is the first to be raised, I got the idea to lower the tongue jack (electric) as low as it would go. The front roof almost raised itself then. Next, I raised the tongue jack all the way up so that the back of the trailer was at its lowest point. Now I could raise the rear section very easily. After the roof sections were clamped in their open position, I leveled the trailer by placing a level on the sink. Later, I lowered the roof sections by this process. I really felt proud being able to do it all by myself. I showed my wife how I did it, should she ever find the need to raise and lower the tailer by herself. Also, if you were thinking about an electric tongue jack, I say to go for it.

Hal