View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #22
kevin425

I didn't mean to set off a 3-page discussion, but thanks everyone for all your feedback.

I understand that all RV's have issues. As I stated in my first post, I owned a travel trailer for a couple of years. It was horrible quality and I sold it knowing that it was going to become a money pit if I kept it. That experience is what made me go over this traimanor so closely.

I grew up camping in a 21 foot Terry trailer. My folks have gone through 2 different bus-long Class A's. My aunt and uncle had a truck camper. I have tented and hiked all my life. I understand all about camping and RV's, and about quality. Which is exactly why I was disappointed in the Trailmanor. Trailmanor is a small company, and for a small company to survive among giants (Thor industries and Forest River), it needs to be different. And not just different, but better. For them to survive, I thought they would put more time and effort into making a better trailer. I love the folding idea, but that alone won't keep them afloat forever. If the quality drops to the cheap Forest River brands, they will go under. For the price of a new Trailmanor, I can buy a used conventional trailmanor and a used tow rig. That's why I was disappointed; I was expecting more from a small, independent company.

Maybe it is just the newer models. That thought crossed my mind, as I had heard nothing but good things on the forums. But most of those posts are 5--8 years old. There really isn't any new reviews regarding their trailers since the company was bought and moved. Maybe its growing pains, who knows, but I hope they fix it.

I don't mind fixing a trailer. I have done wiring, plumbing, carpenter, fiberglass, you name it...I've repaired it. Just because I can doesn't mean I want to. I don't want to buy a two-year old trailer that already needs a lot of maintenance.

As for why I was looking at the Trailmanors to begin with, considering I have a full-size truck and intend to store it outside, was because it offered 3 separate beds in a very small profile. My family does a lot of camping off the beaten path, and the smaller profile would let me get to places a 11' tall rig won't. I liked the aerodynamics of it, that it had an oven, and that it was known for its quality. Well, that last one went out the window.

Since then, I have been looking at some other brands; Lance, Artic Fox and Outdoors RV. When I find the right unit, I'll buy it. I hope this helps answer why I started this post to begin with.

Again, thanks everyone for your input, advice and opinions.