View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #18
tarudy

Default right turn signal not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your help with trouble shooting my right turn signal not working. I did go ahead and paid for a years subscription so I can follow this thread when you move it to the electrical section. (Well, I was for sure going to join anyway.) Did my membership go through? I don't see any changes to my privileges yet...

Anyway, back to the electrical, with the kind help of a neighbor we narrowed it down to an active short in the brown wire that goes to the right tail light/turn signal. The short is somewhere between the tail light and where the wiring emerges from the back shell inside that black mesh covered bundle that hugs the inside of the vertical shell struts, forward of that spot everything is intact.

I can see via the TM wiring diagram where this brown wire travels through the foam core of the top of the rear shell. If I could pull it through and let it drag a brand new wire through behind it then I can solve the problem. But buried in the foam that won't work. Can you suggest anyway to replace this segment of wire?

We have ruled out that it's not the TV, the Bargman plug, blown fuses, or burned out lights. It's definitely a short in the afore mentioned section.

But how to run a new brown wire to that right tail light???

Thanks,
Trudy