View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I can open our shells unassisted with very little effort, and the torsion mechanism on our unit probably need to be adjusted. I open and close up the TM all the time by myself. I'm not much taller than your wife. As has been said here before, the trick is to get it level first, but you have to do that with any trailer if you want to run the frig properly. Opening the TM is not as much lifting as it is pulling back and upward as you slowly step back. If there is only one person doing it, the outer shell must be grasped in the center so that it glides straight out.

I suppose the toilet can get smelly if you overuse it, but it's not an issue if you have full hookups or can dump when needed. When we dry camp, we bring along a 5-gal blue tote that we use for transportation to the dump station.

Condensation. We've experienced that. I think that any trailer would probably have that, given the new synthetic, non-moisture absorbing walls and finishes that are in most new TT's. It comes from cooking, showering, and breathing in a tightly-sealed, enclosed space. Best bet is to crack the vents a little at the top and slightly open the windows on either end. We also carry along a fan to run when this happens.

The cabinets in the TrailManor are low. I think that was the worst thing for me, at first. Now I've fitted each cabinet space with sliding tubs that can be easily pulled out and the contents easily viewed. Sometimes I have to get down on the floor to find the things that are stuffed way in back. I think it keeps me limber.

We have not experienced any battery drain while enroute with the refrigerator on 12V. Others have experienced this. I think it's how the wiring is done in the TV to the 7-prong connector, plus how the TV is wired. We have a 2001 Chevy PU 1500. We always arrive fully charged and ready to camp.

Go visit a TrailManor somewhere. We did that before we bought ours. If you would like to visit ours, and try opening and closing it, you are welcome to. There might be some other board members even closer to you that would show you their rigs. We had two different board members show us their TM's before we bought ours, one of them even opened it up an closed it down a few times for us (thanks, CWB!).