View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 08:18 AM   #5
Mr_funnypuns
Site Sponsor

Yes, I expect it be cold. That's why I went thought the thought process of generator vs. solar. I did wind up picking up a Yamaha EF1000i off eBay cheap with proane conversion kit. Bought it just in case there's not enough sunlight to keep my T105's charged. Belt AND suspenders AND Velcro solution.

Anyway,

I've been to the corvette museum before, and plan to go again. There's like 2 tours availible in the caves themselves, including onyx cave, which also seems to feature a roadside Aussie zoo which could be fun for my son. A Collegue here at work says Ky is pretty in the spring... Redbuds et. Al in bloom, so geology and botany on nature hikes will help sun towards merit badges. There's a distillery or two I plan on touring.

Would like to visit museums in the area, especially historical, but natural would be nice as well.

Anyway, suggestions about what to do are nice, but I'm trying to figure out my route so that I can look for stuff to stop at along the way. I've got three choices:

interstate down through Illinois, Interstate through Indiana, or Route 41 down along the Indiana Illinois border. We tend to like non-interstate travel best, but don't know the routes well enough to know if we're getting in trouble with a trailer twice as long as our last trailer (20' instead of 8').

Would love suggestions about stops, and warnings about places/roads to avoid.
Thanks!

2720SL The "Inator"
Tanium 600lb WDH, Atwood power Jack, 2 inch lift kit, 15 inch tires, 200W Solar, T105 Pair, Yamaha EF1000i w/ propane conversion, Tuson TSC electronic sway control, Trojan Hydrolink battery watering system

2005 Ford Expedition
Factory tow Package, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Grand Aero Tow mirrors

TRailer Valet XL
Mr_funnypuns is offline   Reply With Quote