View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Question ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Tom -

Don't be silly. It would be illegal for any sewer system, including the TM's, to vent back into the living spaces. In fact it vents out through a special vent fixture under the floor. In addition, the separate vent fan in the bathroom - just like the one in your home bathroom - is quite effective at drawing air out of the bathroom and pushing it outside.

Bill
Bill...I never saw any special vent when I took out the stink-o-matic...there was just the drain pipe and that's it! When I lifted the thing up and took it out there was no other connections anywhere other than the power wires. Look on the bottom and you will not see any other connection. If there is, I never saw it. As for the drain pipe, it pour directly into the 3" drain valve and from there it goes to the sewer hose. Now there is a vent back under the tub that is hooked into the plumbing for the grey water tank which is separate from the toilet discharge. Under the floor??? So where does it go?? Not out the bottom of the trailer. The only thing that I know of coming thru the bathroom floor is the toilet discharge pipe. That's it.
As for the fan...yeah it works pretty good...that is...when it's "on". But how many folks leave that thing on all the time? Surely not if you're boon-docking! I have found that if you don't leave it on for a very considerable amount of time, the stench tends to build up. If not from a #2, then from the chemicals. Either way...not pleasant...and I would hear it from the management ! So the fan NEEDS to run and run and run, with the window cracked a bit too. The drag is on those very hot days (you know about those) when you're trying to keep the inside cool.
Other than all the nice folks out there that don't have the Dometic Sealand 711 M28C, why should I care anyways? I do have one, but that doesn't mean I am not very compassionate for those that don't. If I could only find my magic wand, I could give er a good wave and then everyone would have the REAL flush toilet and the Thetford Electro-Tragic would be banished from this level of consciousness!!!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote