View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Sopper

Exclamation Hooking the batteries back up

TMers,

I took my deep cycle batteries out last fall, brought them in the house and had them hooked up to a trickle charger all winter. I took the TM out of winter storage in my garage (covered) today and looked to put the batteries back in. Attached are the pictures I took last fall of how the batteries were hooked up (not current picture). Unfortunately, the pictures are not making much sense to me now and I am hoping you guys can help.

The wires I currently have:
  • White ground wire attached to the frame
  • Two black wires (attached to each other) from the camper
  • One black / grey wire, with a 30 amp inline fuse) bundled with the two black wires from the camper. (solar panel?)
  • Jumper wire (from battery to battery)

At this point, I have the white wire attached to the negative on the right battery. I have one of the dual black wires attached to the positive on the right battery and the other attached to the negative on the left battery. I have the fused, black / grey wire attached to the positive on the left battery as was shown in the picture from last fall. I then have the jumper wire attached from the negative on the right battery to the positive on the left battery.

Inside the TM I can see a battery charge of 12V on the panel but cannot run lights, etc. What do I have hooked up wrong? Please point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can lend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Battery.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1,011.4 KB
ID:	9714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Battery.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	9715  
-P3 Brake Controller
-Numerous Off-Road Modifications