View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #23
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

From what I gather, the TM has a solid structure with very few leak issues. Even if they do leak, most of the rot on wood frames seems to be in the upper shell which is repairable. When other trailers have leaks, water makes its way to the floor causing the floor to rot. When this occurs, the trailer is pretty much toast. Later TM's have metal framed upper shells.

I live in Canada, so even if I wanted to make use of TM service, it would be difficult because there are no TM dealers up here, and transporting to the TM factory is out of the question. So, I'm considering the purchase of a TM knowing that any service will pretty much have to be done by me. As long as I approach a TM with this mindset, I think it makes a TM totally worth it.

If I require some one to service the TM, I would probably be better off purchasing something else that has a factory or dealer near me. It seems to me that the TM fan club is populated by those who can come up with creative solutions, and willing to share their solutions. This I will be counting on once I get a TM.

Larry
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote