View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Tampajohn

Default Overnighting at Walmart

Last night was the first night we overnighted at Walmart. We had done it several times in our Aliner, but it did not have a bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable we slept. These campground charging $20 plus is ridiculous. We just wanted a night to hold up overnight and back on the road. We were comfortable and slept well. We used our Buddy Heater to keep warm and woke up in the morning refreshed and ready to go. Last time we did an overnight at Walmart is when we owned our Aliner. We were a bit cramped with no bathroom. The TM provided our needs and this is a service provided by Walmart, I hope they do not do away with. We pulled into another passport america campsite that indicated they did not accept the discount on weekend. I said ok, we will just go stay at Walmart. They immediately gave us the discount. $35 is ridiculous for just a place to stay over night. Are these campgrounds trying to milk every dollar they can out of the traveler. Thank you Walmart, for giving us a place to hang our hat. With gas and food, we spent $60. Hope that gives them some justification for doing it.