View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Al-n-Sue

Red face Too many places, so little time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkilware View Post

My trip will carry me from my homestate of Oklahoma to (roughly in the following order) texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, texas and home. The goal is to visit every US man-made and natural wonder west of the Mississippi (except the Gateway Arch). My schedule is fluid and if I don't get them all this time there's always the future.

Ted
Boomer Sooner!
Ted - I counted 15 states in your list - on a month long trip that's 2 days per state including drive time! I agree with rickst29 - you might want to select either a northern or southern route and focus a bit. There is too much in the south even to do in a month - especially if you get to California. I have a friend who years ago went to the Grand Canyon - he basically went to the edge, looked into the canyon, said "wow", then left! I wouldn't count that as "seeing" the Grand Canyon! The point is, you've got several days of great siteseeing in each of the states (many more in some), even if you make a minimal trip.

I agree with rickst29 as well that Long's Peak might be better than Pikes Peak, but it is a little tougher to get to the top of Longs! If you are in COS to get your TM, you might as well take advantage of the time and see what you can.

Don't wear yourself out trying to get to places, only to pack up and head to another place! Spend some time and enjoy the sights. And enjoy spending time in your TM. You'll meet a lot of people who will be interested in your trailer and your trip if you hang around a campsite long enough.

And if you do make it to Colorado Springs, and you'd like to visit with a fellow Okie, give us a call.

Alan
Boomer Sooner