View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
MisterP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
Yes, you are right. When I was looking at a map it did not look that far. But just I measure the distance and its about 40 miles.

MisterP, It sounds like i'm going to need to expand the distance up to 50 miles if I want to find a better campground. Have you ever been to Myakka River State park? If so what was your thoughts? RV parks i'm staying away, from mainly because I think the kids need some space.
I have not been to Myakka River. I hear it's a nice park. I believe you can rent canoes for the river there. Closer to Sarasota at that point. Easy to get to the beaches. I think they have limited hookup sites. There is a reservation system for FL parks, I will post a link when I get a moment. I had to sell our TM before we had a chance to visit a lot of places, so I can only reflect what I hear about them (other than the Venice campgrounds and San Carlos).

From there, day trips to Tampa are realistic. MOSI (science museum), Busch Gardens, etc. are easy. About two hours to Disney if you feel the need to spend a lot of money. Siesta Key, rated one of the best beaches in the world, is about 30 minutes or so away.

Here is the park reservation site: http://www.floridastateparks.org/sta...servation.cfm/