View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorlock View Post
Maybe a repeat? I'm planning for full time RVing for retirement. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience doing this? I was concerned with bed comfort, and day to day use as opposed to weekend use. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill
As you can see from our signiture block we did a lot of RV living. But because of health reasons we sold the Class A. After a few month my wife said lets try a trailer. The first one was a TM 2720SL. We now have a Elkmont 24 and we got the model with the hide-a-bed couch. Which has worked out OK. They had not made the Elkmont 26 at the time. For long stays at one place I would want the 26 or the 24 with the Hide-a-bed. But if my arms and back were good I would go for the 2720SL there was something about coming home from -whatever-and streatch out on the couch reading and watching my wife in the recliner reading and planning the next days adventures. Great life--we kept our condo and rented it out so we had some extra money. I say go for it---you can always pack up and go home.
PS: Our 2720SL was used (04) and I think it had the factory mattress which both my wife and I loved. Slept great. But we like firm.