View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
Stone859

First of all thanks for your help. I think I have to agree with "bell" here mainly because if you look at almost all the RV out there they have one single drain. For example the Jayco we had for years only one hook-up when you when to the dump station. You attached the drain hose, pulled the black water drain and let it empty and did a couple of flushes to help clear the tank. Then you closed the black water drain and pulled the grey water drain and let it drain...closed it pulled, rinsed the hose and stored it. Now I don't know why Trailmanor does it the way they do...perhaps it's lighter or I suspect it is was probably easier (ie: cheaper) to do it with the two separate outlets. I know it is not as easy for the camper to take the drain hose and hook, unhook it twice.

Now a couple of questions about the way you do it "bell":

1) When you "lift" the trailer are you putting spacer between the frame and the axel? In a way I hate to do this...I'm afraid of raising the trailer because it is nice and low now and I think this low center of gravity help give it good towing qualities and lower wind resistance. We had a newer Outback and it was real high off the ground and it towed so bad we sold it.

2) As far as connecting the two tanks, when I look under my trailer it looks like I could do what you did (route the grey back to connect to the black) with out raising the frame. Just route the grey on top of the axel. The grey water drain wouldn't have much downward pitch but I think it might work. What do you think?

3) Do you have any photos? I think they would really help.

4) Did you go with the larger black water tank or did you keep the stock tank?

Again...thank you guys for your response and help.

Conrad