Thread: TM work weekend
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default TM work weekend

I started Friday night making some draft stoppers...out of fabric and pillow type stuffing. I made a flat one only 5/6 inch thick to go in the crack behind the wardrobe. I made one for the bathroom area and one for the area over the kitchen sink and one for the side with the stove. Then just goofing around I made a big fat one to block the light come from the edge ...where the shower walls don't meet...in my case by the shower holder. I started making a couple of extra toss pillows and ran out of stuffing....and did not want to drive to Walmart.

Saturday we cleaned all exterior surfaces of the TM. We actually washed it twice....forgot about Scrubbing bubbles and greased lightening....

It was cleaner but not spotless Tom thought Mother's Carnuba would take off the last of the staining.....we got about 7/8 finished and decided we did not like it. Then I remembered the Greased Lightening and WOW...it is spotless now....so basically we had washed and waxed and washed and waxed it again. No wonder my back hurt last night. Greased lightening did not harm the finish and it took off all of the pine stains.

Last night I made a screen door. I used all materials that I had on hand. I cut the screen in to strips (5 I think) and sewed them at the top over lapping....then I cut them to length...hemmed them. Inside the camper I used white velcro (the soft side) then against the screen I used black industrial strength velcro...the rough side and it came about 2 inches wide...so I cut it to fit the white tape. It worked pretty well today and stayed in place.

This weekend we will be dry camping in Georgia at a 3 day archery tournament....where we will camp in the field is known as "gnat hell"...so I thought I would at least attempt to reduce the amount of ways the lil buggers have of gaining entrance.

I work tomorrow but if I have time I will take some pics to post.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote