View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslag54 View Post
I recently called Trailmanor and confirmed I have a 2016 2922KD currently on the shop floor being built. My dealer is close to 200 miles away and I want to have all I need prior to picking it up. My tow vehicle is a 01 Chev Silverado Z-71 extended cab with tow package. I currently own a 3000 lb GVWR with a 350 lb hitch weight tent trailer. I added Firestone Ride-Rite air springs several years ago to level the truck (we have a habit of bringing way too much stuff with us).

Question 1: Anyone here use an Andersen WDH on their TM with a swing-away hitch? (Andersen says it will fit but I want to hear from someone with first hand experience). Probably will wait on WDH until after I get the TM home.

Question 2: Any recommendations for decent tow mirrors for my Chev?
(Thanks to B_and_D for informing me mirrors are needed)

Thanks,
Will
I personally think you will be fine with your current truck setup (it has a longer wheelbase than many TV using a WDH). If you want to wait until you get home to set it up, I don;t se a problem.

Q 1: I used a Curt WDH and it worked fine with the swing-away hitch.

Q 2: McKesh mirrors or IIRC, Chev/GM has extensions available that will fit on your existing side view mirrors.

Good luck and enjoy.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote