View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
Ken Brooks

Default Ed Lytle Has Responded?

Trailblazers,
I'm guessing if Ed responded to Shadysplace's e-mail, he asked him NOT to post his response or he didn't have answers. If I wanted some private explanation to my concerns, I would have contacted Ed myself. My understanding is that this forum be used in part to shed light on (expose) concerns we have about our beloved trailers. Most responsible companies send out recall letters to ALL customers that have purchased inferior products to make things right, even if every customer of that product experienced a problem or not. From the posts I've seen, it doesn't seem like TM has done this, though I may be wrong. When my wife and I were shopping Elkmonts at Mentor RV last summer, they had a unit on the lot that had roof leaks they were fixing right outside on the lot. This is BAD public relations. Brulaz said ONLY time will tell if all the issues with Elkmonts and possibly the folding trailer line, are behind them, but TM could also tell owners up front . I know I sound critical, but my former opinion of TM has always been that they were on the next level when it came to quality, as their pricing would imply. Now I'm skeptical. If I can't be assured that the trailer I want to buy that has had major issues, and exactly how those issues were remedied, I'm gun shy. I don't want to buy a trailer that HAS to be repaired.