View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #24
Shane826
TrailManor Master

My extended family (mom & dad, brothers & sisters, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandma) would make a yearly trek from upstate NY to Myrtle Beach, SC. We had several pop-up campers for the adults while us kids would sleep in tents. My immediate family would spend a lot of time camping at Darien Lake amusement park with the same setup. So I had always wanted my own pop-up camper ever since I was a kid...

Fast forward to adulthood. Still wanted a pop-up. My wife was 100% against anything with canvas or any kind of tent material. I tried talking her into a hybrid as a compromise, still no go. I would browse Craigslist almost daily, daydreaming (also always wanted an ATV & a Gibson Les Paul)...

Then one day, there it was... An 05 2720QB, for sale 5 miles from my house. Went and checked it out and was convinced this was it. Hard sides, folds down for towing, I wouldn't have to buy a full size truck to pull it, and it could fit in the garage for storage. Showed my wife just as a concept (this unit was overpriced and in not great shape) and she told me to go to the credit union and see about a loan. I thought she was screwing with me. Still started doing some research (and found this site). A month later she asked what ever became of that camper. I told her I didn't think she was serious... Then the hunt was on! A couple months later we bought our 07 3326 King. That was last fall. Used it once, and can't wait for the camping season to start!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote