View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
flashpoint

NO NO NO......To be very clear here..I did not lift the trailer from the axle at anytime.

I jacked up the trailer in steps from both sides by the frame and supported the entire trailer with four jackstands. Once the trailer was in the air on all four corners I supported the axle via the jack and a 4x4, distributing the weight of the axle across itself. Then and only then did I remove the stock mounting bolts. With the jack under the axle I was then able to remove the stock mounting bolts {one side at a time}without having to fight the weight of the axle itself. I then reinstalled the longer mounting bolts that come with the kit. Once they were in place I lowered the jack therefore lowering the axle untill they bottomed out on the longer bolts.This process then gave me the room to install the lift kit block one side at a time. The picture with the jack under the hub is there ONLY to hold the minimal weight of one side of the axle. This way I could remove the longer bolts again,install the block then reinstall the longer bolts once more. The process allowed me to never have to fight the weight on the axle.