View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

When you're on battery power, you will probably run your frig on propane. Then things you then have to worry about draining the battery are the lights and the furnace. The furnace will drain your batteries pretty fast. We put two 6-volt golf cart batteries on our tongue, they give us a longer period of use than a single 12-volt battery. We also bring along another (the old) 12-volt battery that we use to run the TV/DVD player. You can get led lights that use a lot less electricity than the regular bulbs, but from what I've read you can't use them while hooked up to shore power unless your converter is one of the better ones (they burn out).

If you're going to be dry camping for a longer period of time, you have to figure out some way of charging up your batteries. Do a search on that topic and you can read more if you're so inclined. We haven't invested in a generator yet, but would like to get the Honda 2000.

The converter is built into the TM. Newer TM's have a more advanced model than the older ones, not sure what year they switched over. You can always upgrade, this has also been discussed here.

We don't have an LP gauge, and I don't think that they have them with the newer ones either.

DH is dear husband and DW is dear wife (well, most of the time, anyway!).

As far as climbing over each other to get out of bed, well that's sort of a hassle. We've always had to do that with the TT we had before, and also our cabover camper. People with the king size beds can sleep with their heads at the rear window, thus eliminating the climbing over. We don't "make up" the bed, just keep a sheet on the mattress and use sleeping bags and/or a down comforter. Some people like the Travasak sleep system, it's like a high-end sleeping bag, complete with detachable sheets that go inside the sleep sack.

Positive things? Well, I'll have to write more later!