View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
Wow, I had no idea so little was needed.

We already have plans for recharging the battery and propane, emptying the grey water and refilling the drinking water, all without having to move the trailer, but the black stuff was worrying me. Doesn't sound like it will be a problem if we're careful, as there's only two of us.
Just to be clear.....

Most usage of the toilet is for urine. That merely takes a quick flush to rinse the bowl.

In marine toilets, it's recommended to have a small container (with a lid) next to the toilet for women to deposit small amounts of T/P. The same method could be used for extended usage of an RV holding tank. This does away with holding the flush button down until the TP disappears down the drain.

This may sound gross to some RVers but it is quite common in the marine environment (even on multi-million dollar yachts). My 45' sailboat had 2 heads. Each head had a separate 15G holding tank. If we were careful, we could go several weeks without emptying our holding tanks when we were living aboard in the marina with zero over-board dumping.

Having said all that, my daughter's family (3 kids) can barely make it through a weekend campout in there 35' camper with a 30G blackwater tank.