View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyDoodle View Post
AZ is Arizona....AR is Arkansas......Heber Springs is about 40 miles from me...
I believe I knew that, but apparently my reading ability to differentiate between AZ & AR is the issue here ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
If you're willing to pay $300, then there are lots of possibilities. Call up the nearest TM dealer and have them send a tech out there to do an inspection. Even with travel reimbursed at $50/hr, that opens up a 2-hr radius and gives the dealer $100 for the 1-hr inspection.

Any other dealer or RV repair shop could do it too, just like auto repair shops do it for used cars. You just don't hear about places doing it remotely because most places aren't willing to travel 2500 miles to pick up a Ford Focus. But I bet it's done for boutique cars.

Dave
Good Afternoon Dave:
It's done for any car you want inspected, and I actually used a web based car inspection service to do this exact same process for an out of state car I was interested in purchasing. Finding something similar for RV's makes a lot of sense, and I wanted to share it because I am frightened by the number of folks who are considering and even buying TM's SIGHT UNSEEN!

To your point, it doesn't matter if you contact a a local RV dealer or in this case a web based RV inspection service; bottom line is you should have someone inspect it before you purchase it. It would be nice if they were familiar with TM's, but the big ticket items are similar across all RV's. Items such as the furnace, A/C, fridge, water heater, tires, and most importantly checking for body damage, and for leaks or water damage inside apply to any RV.

Hopefully we'll find out if anyone has any experience they can share about this site or in your example what they did to get a TM inspected by a local TM or RV dealer before they purchased it.
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote