View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
MudDog
TrailManor Master

I just recently got a drill and have used it for the jacks, but if I didn't have a tire pressure monitoring system I think I would rank that higher on my list.

I have the TST (Truck Systems Technologies) monitor that will display the pressure and temperature (monitor and two tire sensors is around $160).

While there have been some reports of tread seperations, etc where the tire stayed inflated and the alarm never went off and there are no guarantees that it will give enough warning, being able to see the pressure and temp near real-time from the tow vehicle gives some peace of mind....and you don't have to go around from tire to tire to check the pressure all the time - you can just glance at the monitor (I still use a normal guage from time to time, but it has never varied from what the TPMS reports).

I went in with another member to by another 2 pack of the sensors and we split the pack and each monitor our spare tires as well. Nothing worse then getting a flat and then finding out your spare is not ready to go.

--jim
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote