View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 07:38 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You've gotten several answers about the toilet. I would suggest you check out the Trail Manor Technical Reference Library at http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...splay.php?f=42, and specifically the tutorial at http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2354. A lot of TM operations are covered in the Library.

Let me try to hit your other questions.

Quote:
... I know nothing about how to use those propane cylinders ...like how to light them, turn it on, use the oven etc
Well, you don't light the cylinders, of course. You simply turn on the handwheels, which allow propane to flow to the gas appliances (stove top, oven, furnace, water heater, etc). You can look up the term "switchover" to find out how the system automatically changes over to the full tank when the first one gets empty. Again, there is a tutorial in the Technical Reference Library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amijab View Post
... how do I get the heater to work?
The furnace (aka heater) is easy. There is a small square box that houses a thermostat, probably mounted on a cabinet face around the kitchen sink or refrig area. On the top of the box is a slider tab. Simply slide it to the right, to your desired temperature. The circulating fan will begin to run, and in 10 seconds or so, and assuming the gas is turned on, and furnace will light itself. To turn the furnace off, slide the tab to the left, being sure that you push it until it clicks.

Quote:
And lastly, the batteries... I am guessing I need to recharge them before our trip next week to Montana (Glacier wahooo).
Yes, the batteries should be fully charged before you leave home. Whenever your TM is plugged in to shore power (i.e., a home outlet or a campground power connection), the batteries charge automatically. When you are drivinging down the road, the tow vehicle will maintain battery charge through the electrical connection cord from the trailer, but it can't supply enough current to handle heavy loads - specifically the refrigerator. Again, look through the Reference Library - it is there for a purpose.

Hope these thoughts help.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote